Today we are submitting our Visa application to our adoption agency. If it is all in order, then it goes to the Chinese Embassy in Chicago, I believe. I hope that since we were in China before, we better understand what to expect. I remember the first time it was a little confusing and we were a little apprehensive about entering a communist country half way around the world. However, our last trip was so enjoyable, that now we really look forward to returning and seeing new parts of China.
In our travel arrangements, we exercised the option to skip the Beijing part of the trip. Since we have seen the Forbidden City, Tiananmen, Great Wall, etc., we hope to save some money, see more of Guangzhou, and hopefully, spend more time with Ellie. I think we may be entering through Hong Kong.
Some friends told us that since they spent their entire adoption time in Guangzhou (2 weeks); they were given a larger room (a suite). This would be nice in our case since we will have an active six year old girl rather than an infant.
It was great talking to you last night! We are looking forward to seeing you on the 28th.
ReplyDeletePraying for fast paperwork for you and a smooth adjustment time.