Saturday, April 25, 2009

Home at Last!

We have been back a couple of weeks now; wish we could say things were quieting down! It  was an awful 22 hour trip home, with hours of being kicked in the ribs and near constant squirming.   At the time I thought Ellie did poorly, but now considering the length and difficulty of the flight, I think she did as well as any six year old.

Ellie's sixth birthday was two days after we got back.  The first half of the day she never knew because we were upside down on our sleep for several days.   By the end of her birthday she was having a great day.  She got several awesome gifts, most notably when my brother John and Dawn brought gifts including a new bike from Tanya and Mark.  A few days later Ellie celebrated again with Lisa's brother John and family in Rochester.  I doubt Ellie has ever driven through countryside (she grew up in a concrete jungle).

We had my Mom & Dad over for dinner.  They were impressed that Ellie called them Grandma & Grandpa!  Unfortunately, she proceeded to calling me grandpa & Lisa grandma, and then ME grandma & Lisa grandpa.  I know she understood, she just likes to rock the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment